Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD) accounts for approximately 5,000 deaths yearly in Norway. High-risk individuals when identified can be offered life-saving therapy. Selection of patients for this therapy and prediction of SCD is one of the greatest challenges in current cardiology. Use of patient-specific genetic data combined with clinical data is instrumental in risk stratification for SCD.
Activities and deliverables are described below.
- SCD Risk Calculator implemented in DIPS Arena
- Automatic echo measurements for input to calculator (machine learning)
- Natural language processing (NLP) projects:
- identification of patients at risk for SCD from electronic medical journal, identification of “syncope” to populate risk calculator.
- Interpretation of CT descriptions
- Pedigree tool: Extraction from free text - family relations relevant for medical condition
- Pipeline for text extraction from electronic medical journal